
While walking on the back of the farm near one of our ponds, I spied something odd about a certain dead tree that stand in a marshy section. What was that black blob of fur? When the fur shifted and exposed ringed eyes, I knew that a coon was taking a snooze in a safe location. S/he glanced at me and snuggled back into postion while I wandered over to search for sign of spring wildflowers and listened to the sandhill cranes wheeling overhead....a very mystical sound coming from a great gray bird.

2 Comments:
Hi Joan!
I was one of the crazy Chicagoans who came to help friends and had the pleasure of touring your farm. It was wonderful to talk chickens and cheese adventures with you and I look forward to reading your blog and keeping up! Hope you enjoy mine as well. It's a bit new, and I'm a bit 'city' but... there it is!
Thank you again for being so gracious to us and welcoming. When you're in Chicago in April please let me know!
Kindest regards,
Joanna
Hello Joanna, and thank you for visiting my website! I will check out yours and enjoy learning more about your world....as all places provide lessons and expand our world. We'll be in Chicago on April 21st for the awards ceremony and I keep reminding myself that I need to write my speech. The apricots are blooming this soft gray morning. Yours, Joan
Post a Comment
<< Home